Back in 1963, homebuilder Joe Kvaltine decided it would be beneficial to build the cabinetry he needed for the new homes he was constructing in the Southern Tier. As word got out, the cabinet shop grew to the point where there was no longer time to build homes - just cabinetry. The business prospered through the years and in 1990, Joe decided it was time to retire and turn the reigns over to someone else.
Coincidentally, Jim and Marsha Conrad were looking for a new home for their cabinet shop and remodeling business which they had begun in 1981. Their business had started in a room in their basement and a 12' x 20' garage turned "shop". They soon outgrew that, built a 1500 square foot shop and with the continued growth of their business, needed even more space and a showroom.
Joe met Jim and Marsha and they struck a deal. The Conrads combined Kustom Kraft Kabinets with Conrad Custom Carpentry to form Custom Craft Cabinets, Inc.